StartUp Health shoots for the moon with 10 health moonshots
StartUp Health and Vice President Joe Biden Kick Off 2016 Medical Innovation Summit at Cleveland Clinic
Today, StartUp Health, its global army of Health Transformers and Vice President of the United States Joe Biden kicked off the 14th annual Cleveland Clinic Medical Innovation Summit, sharing an urgent message with nearly 2,000 health leaders, CEOs, and entrepreneurs: the time is now to organize, break down silos, and adopt a “Health Transformer Mindset” to speed up progress in solving big health challenges like ending cancer, ensuring access to care, and improving the wellbeing of people worldwide.
For the fourth consecutive year, StartUp Health’s Health Transformer Showcase kicked off the Medical Innovation Summit featuring 15 Health Transformers and a keynote from StartUp Health CEO and Co-founder, Steven Krein, where he shared a five-year update on their bold 25-year master plan.
“In 2011, StartUp Health launched an ambitious movement to organize and support a global army of Health Transformers with the long-term goal of improving the health and wellbeing of everyone in the world,” said Steven. “Over the past five years, we’ve organized thousands of entrepreneurs, innovators and organizations committed to transforming health. In addition to rapidly growing this global force, StartUp Health and our partners are investing in and focusing on 10 Health Moonshots, each which will impact billions of people.”
StartUp Health’s army of Health Transformers and network is organized around 10 Health Moonshot themes, all of which are connected and integral to one another. Additionally, StartUp Health will work to integrate the world’s numerous Moonshot initiatives:
- Access to Care Moonshots: deliver quality care to everyone, regardless of location or income
- Cost to Zero Moonshots: radically reduce the cost of care by a factor of a million
- Cure Disease Moonshots: cure human disease using data, technologies and personalized medicine
- Cancer Moonshots: end cancer as we know it
- Women’s Health Moonshots: prioritize women’s health, including preventive care and new research
- Children’s Health Moonshots: ensure every child has access to quality care, particularly in underserved areas
- Nutrition Moonshots: ensure everyone has access to healthy food and water
- Brain Health Moonshots: unlock the mysteries of the brain to improve health
- Mental Health Moonshots: destigmatize mental health and connect mind, body and spirit
- Longevity Moonshots: add 50 healthy years to every human life
Read full story here.